Wednesday, August 24, 2011

[Solution] user agent stylesheet override site stylesheet on Chrome but not Firefox


My problem was this: i wanted to put bold on text which was in select's option by putting style - wont-weight. I had succeed only on Firefox. Because chrome user agent stylesheet were overriding my stylesheet.
I tried to solve the problem for hours. Finally with my friend's help i found the website - electrictoolbox. And it says that only firefox allows to do that... that means we cant use wont-weight on chrome for option, select and optgroup.

My solution was for the bold text changing wont-weight style into color, with dark color for normal text and lighter color for bold required. Also i needed disabling option of bold, so i just added " disabled='disabled' ". That is all..

My result:


Good luck.

2 comments:

  1. i wasted about 3 or 4 hours on it... >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Run into that today, nearly 3 years and still not fixed...

    ReplyDelete