Friday, June 11, 2010
[Solved] #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
So if you are stupid like I was - changed password for xampp mysql admin and forgot what you entered. And when you launch xampp mysql admin you getting Error: #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES).
So here is what i did so I could get access to my mysql database.
1) Open installer ( if you deleted it, download from official page)
2) Stop all services of xampp
3) Extract to same directory you had extracted previews time.
4) Restart your machine ( PC )
5) Launch services - apache, mysql
6) Start > Run > cmd > Enter
7) Enter mysql -u root -p . And try all passwords you could enter.. In my case after extracting newest version it changed to normal one - "". If you are able to see mysql command line, that means you logged in to your mysql.
8) Try to open mysql admin from xampp control panel. If you still have the error, it is possible as it was in my case you need to check your config.inc . Check this variables: $cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] and $cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlpass'] . Enter password which matched in cmd., or delete if it was empty one.
hope it will help you, because other forums and websites almost not helped me.
the one which helped me was: http://helpdeskpilot.com/tmsupport/knowledgebase.php?act=art&article_id=59