Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Today for first time i tried to install new Joomla! template.
The problem is that i'm total noob at Joomla! And errors which i had was:
1. JFolder::create: Could not create directory
2. Error! Could not find an XML setup file in the package.
3. Your Extension appears to be written for an older version of Joomla!. You must enable the System - Legacy Plugin in the Plugin Manager if you wish to complete this task.
4. Template Install: Failed to create directory.
And so on..
So after 1 hour of power-googling for solutions i finally figured out how to solve them one by one:
First of all, some templates are bugged. You can check it by opening templateDesigh.xml file ( inside of templates zip file ). If it starts with install tag, that means it's bugged. All you need to do is to change install tag to mosintall tag ( don't forget about closing tag at end of the file ).
Secondly, when my first Joomla! was install, some how "tmp" directory wasn't created. So go and create tmp directory if you missing it too.
And finally last and most important solution which helped me is changing all directories of Help -> System info -> Directory Permissions, CHMOD from 755 to 777 .
Also you might have problems with Safe mode in Help -> System info -> PHP Settings, because it should be Off, and some guys has it On.
Sunday, November 14, 2010
If you wondering how to install ipa files on your ipod or iphone just follow the tutorial.
1. First of all, you will need to jailbreak your ipod or iphone. To do that follow the tutorial: jailbreaking-41-ipod-touch-2g
2. Next you need to update all files with Cydia which will appear on your ipod or iphone after you jailbreak it.
3. Next make sure you synchronize your ipod or iphone with your iTunes. Make sure you have at least one application which is not default one. Other wise application tab will not appear in your iTunes.
4. Open cydia.
5. Go to manage and add http://cydia.hackulo.us source ( Manage>Sources>Edit>Add
6. Search for "Appsync" application for current firmware and install it. ( Search>Appsync>Install>Confirm )
7. Than just download you needed one ipa file from internet.
8. Drag the ipa file to your iTunes application section.
9. Synchronize new content with your ipod or iphone.
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Mkv files are video or audio which you can play. If you see the file as unknown extension than all you need to follow the tutorial for windows:
1. Download CCCP from CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack) Project
2. Install it
I have ipod touch 2g, and today i was forced to do jailbreak again.
Anyways here is very good video on youtube which shows how to do it in very easy way
To do jailbreak for your ipod touch all you need is:
1. to download Redsn0w for Windows from here
Or here: rapidshare redsn0w
Mac version: http://www.iphone-hacks.com/download.php?id=263
2. to download firmware 4.1 for your device...
in my situation is ipod touch 2g firmware - appldnld.apple.com ipod touch 2g
in your situation it can be ipod touch 3g - appldnld.apple.com ipod touch 3g ( if you don't know which generation you have, than i recommend you to check the article - difference-between-ipod-touch-mc-and-mb )
or even iphone - appldnld.apple.com iPhone4
3. to run redsn0w
4. follow instructions
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
For last month i have been useing linux. My pc is MSI CX500 with default Wireless LAN. The problem is that linux don't installs drivers for my MSI CX 500 wireless lan.
Solution is very easy.
1. Download: https://launchpad.net/~markus-tisoft/+archive/rt3090/+files/rt3090-dkms_126.96.36.199-0ubuntu0~ppa1_all.deb
2. Install packages.
3. Disable / Enable networking
Happy wireless using.